Monday, December 7, 2009

Battlecry of the Easily Distracted

Presence fulfills while we sort out the details in this drama unwinding wildly before us now. No amount of wackiness can resist expression in the aforementioned tumult. This explains a lot, and yet leaves room for quirky conspiracy theories and the miscreants who celebrate them. The edges of lunacy are not defined by their bizarre nature as much as their lack of sanity. Granted, we have landed squarely in a clearly defined place and time, with a limited range of options and rather sketchy instructions as far as ultimate goals are concerned. Nonetheless, enriched by little more than faith, we stride into realms unknown while blowing our little horn of freedom.


I can't cry away the sadness
Locked inside my heart
It's just the usual madness
That tears me apart
There is no why to address
No reason to believe
Life is any more than a mess
We give and receive

I can't wipe away the memory
Of love and it's demise
Though I try to so hard to bury
All the dreams that went awry
There's no sense in regret
Yet I find myself sometimes
Wishing that we never met
Or to look into your eyes

I can't say I've made mistakes
When all paths lead to God
Bad times and lucky breaks
Are just part of growing up
Some say for goodness sake
We find a way to understand
That it's only love we make
But it's not at our command

No comments:

Post a Comment